The Radio Equalizer: Brian Maloney

08 June 2012

Bill Press Re-Ups On National Anthem Slam

BANNER-PANNER DIGS IN

Libtalker: Malkin's 'A Flea'








First things first: is Bill Press a fading Beltway yakker desperate for a rare helping of publicity?

OF COURSE, we know that, but how is it different from just about anyone else in the crowded world of punditry? By that standard, we could ignore just about everything and miss a lot of underlying meaning.

What matters more: he's saying what other "progressives" have long been thinking, that it's time to dismantle American nationalism, culture and tradition. Already this week, Michelle Malkin, Sean Hannity and others have hammered home these points. Disregard the messenger, as "the language of the left" underscores an agenda of destruction that can't be ignored.



During today's Bill Press Show, the former CNN Crossfire host re-upped, taunting critics with Roseanne Barr's infamous ballpark rendition and disparaged conservative activist Michelle Malkin:






BILL PRESS (9:00): Everybody stand, please stand for the Star Spangled Banner this morning okay, let’s go let’s hear it. [infamous Roseanne ballgame version airs] Shut up Roseanne Barr. Thank you for making my point about the Star Spangled Banner, that’s the problem with it. All right.

We gotta do it we started this week of shows Monday on the Star-Spangled Banner, and boy I never expected it, but boy it has blown up all week, so let’s just end it this show by putting this whole thing in perspective. You’ve probably have caught up. Everywhere I’ve gone in the last few days somebody has come up to me and said ‘you going to sing the Star Spangled Banner’ because it’s been all over out there. The right wing blogs picked up my comments that we need a new National Anthem and they ran with it.

Then of course it was picked up somebody told me by Drudge, I didn’t see it on Drudge, Fishbowl D.C. ran an article, Mediaite ran an article, yesterday morning it just went nuts, well the night before Sean Hannity talked about it, I think Bill O’Reilly talked about it. All attacking me of course and yesterday morning I was on CNN with Carol Costello talking about it.

Before I was even on CNN ran a poll asking people to call in if they agreed with me or not. Then Fox and Friend, Fox and Friends brings in Michelle Malkin. She’s talking with Gretchen Carlson about what a terrible terrible person I am because I dared suggest that the Star Spangle Banner is un-singable and we’d be better off with something like God Bless America. Here’s Michelle Malkin and Gretchen. [Audio of Malkin and Carlson plays]

This is so over the top. [As the audio plays] Bla bla bla bla. It’s so over the top. Yeah I said of course I was on Current TV with Cenk Uygur last night on the Young Turks and I said being attacked by Michelle Malkin is like being attacked by an ant or like a gnat or like a flea. I mean come on give me a break and you know first of all I I I the main point I made about being un-singable about being militaristic, but on the bravery thing, does she really thing that Americans are the only brave that’s the point I made, are we the only brave people on the face of the earth?

I mean I don’t want to make too much of this, but don’t you think maybe the Brits were pretty brave during World War II when they were getting the hell bombed out of them, we weren’t. Don’t you think the French, not all of them of course, some of them caved in to the Nazi occupation, but the French resistance, don’t you think they’re being pretty brave? Don’t you think the people that defied Saddam Hussein in Iraq were being pretty brave? You can go on and on.

Don’t you think that Nelson Mandela was pretty brave? That’s that I mean you know come on. Let’s just admit it. We’re a great country I love this county. We’re not the only brave people on the planet.


Note how Press makes clear he's opposed to the song's meaning and not just its musical complexity. It's an attack on America, not just the National Anthem. He's not alone, millions of "progressives" are right there with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
Page Rank Checker

Powered by Blogger